Hair Transplant Treatment Scars: Do They Last Forever?
In recent times, according to top hair transplant doctors, the majority of people consider hair transplant surgery as an effective and safe means for restoring their baldness with a scalp full of rich, dense hair. Of course, this goes a long way in reviving self-assurance and self-esteem of the people affected by male pattern baldness or severe hair loss.
The aspect of scarring subsequent to hair transplant
• Nonetheless, scarring seems to be an inevitable aftermath as far as both FUT and FUE procedures are related.
• On a positive note, the FUE procedure may render less visible scarring and may be considered apt by many people.
• As per leading hair transplant doctors, a number of procedures may be utilized for reducing the size of or removing the scar caused because of performing FUT.
• However, there’s no guarantee that such procedures will be fully successful at all times and you can be pretty sure that a little scarring will remain always.
• Bear in mind the fact that with age, your scalp will start exhibiting a natural sagging of skin.
• This can make the scar of scalp reduction broader and more obvious.
• Another alternative is grafting of hair follicles on the FUT scar by having recourse to the FUE method.
• The efficacy of this solution can be ascertained, partly, by the actual thickness of the scar.
• In a few cases, a more viable option is the thinning of scar tissue through the use of medication.
• However, the problem with scarred skin is that it doesn’t always bind against the grafts or healthy skin.
• In this context, the best doctor for hair transplant can offer a recommendation of a procedure that might be appropriate depending on your individual condition.
How to conceal scars
• Concealment of the scarred area through a cosmetic treatment is another option.
• This can be accomplished by the growth of hair on the skin of the donor area.
• A few specific scars, for example, keloid scars may be more difficult to hide as compared to other scars.
• Keloids are generally scars with a slight bulge which often grows bigger in size in comparison with the original scar produced by surgery.
• In fact, keloid scars have a tendency to continue growing over a period of many months or years.
• A number of people show proneness to keloid scarring.
• Allow the best doctor for hair transplant in Delhi to have knowledge of whether you already have a history of keloid scarring before you embark on any hair transplant procedure.
Procedures to camouflage scars
• There are several aesthetic procedures that can come to your succor in disguising your scar. These include:
o Scalp micro-pigmentation (SMP)
This procedure is also referred to as scalp hair tattooing or medical hairline tattooing.
Amid this permanent scar removal procedure pigments are injected into the scalp directly, thereby giving the impression of fuller, thicker hair.
You may come across many people who prefer going for SMP rather than hair transplant procedures that involve surgical intervention.
The benefits of SMP can also be leveraged in coloring the areas of scars left exposed by the best hair transplant procedures such as FUT or FUE.
The procedure may involve multiple sessions to get fully completed as it depends on the extent of the area that needs to be injected
The color of the ink is selected precisely based on your existing hair color.
Remember the very fact that as you age your hair may turn gray or its color may lighten, however, the pigmentation ink is most likely not going to lighten by the same degree.
You may feel a little discomfort in the course of this procedure.
o Tricopigmentation (TMP)
It’s essentially the temporary variety of SMP.
The implementation of this procedure at one of the best hair transplant clinics gives rise to semi-permanent tattooing as the ink is inserted into the topmost epidermal layer of the skin.
The longevity of TMP inking changes from clinic to clinic and is expected to last roughly for a period ranging from six months to as long as three years.
Similar to SMP, the execution of this procedure may result in some physical discomfort to a few people.
o Laser treatment
It’s a state-of-the-art procedure that helps diminish the appearance of scars.
The application of laser treatment is often combined with SMP or TMP.
The laser is used to target and remove the scar’s damaged skin surface.
Top 100 hair transplant doctors affirm that the treatment also helps in stimulating the production of collagen fibers on the dermis layer of your skin.
In this manner, your skin is rejuvenated with more suppleness and better overall appearance.
Originally, the procedure wasn’t aimed at specifically bringing about scar removal following a hair transplant.
The results of the treatment are found to vary from person to person.
Opting for a highly experienced and a knowledgeable surgeon is of paramount significance before you go under the knife. At Radiance Cosmedic Centre recognized as the best clinic for hair transplant Delhi, hair loss and subsequent scar removal are treated by globally acclaimed and triple board-certified hair transplant specialist Dr.Mayank Singh.
Dr. Singh is armed with considerable years spent in gaining know-how in the domain of the diagnosis of and coping with hair loss with the ultra-modern FUT and FUE procedures coupled with highly enhanced wound-closure techniques.